studio terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
Small Group or Private sessions: per block of 5 sessions/ session bookings
Tuition by The Pilates Room Berkhamsted
These terms and conditions are the standard terms which apply to the provision of any services to clients by the teacher at The Pilates Room Berkhamsted; namely Rebecca Peebles
These terms and conditions are to ensure you have the optimal experience in our studio.
Where the client is a “consumer” as defined by the consumer rights act 2015.
Terms “us, we” means The Pilates Room Berkhamsted
Term “studio” means The Pilates Room Berkhamsted
Terms “You, Your” means you the client (consumer)
- Only if you register with us (by completing the physical questionnaire and agreeing to our terms and conditions) and we then confirm to you orally or in writing that we accept your registration, may you then book and attend any sessions. Our decision whether or not to accept your application to register is in our absolute discretion.
- The details that you provide and confirm in the physical questionnaire must be complete and correct to the best of your knowledge
- On our confirmation of our acceptance of your questionnaire, there will a contract between you and us on these terms and conditions. This covers booking, cancellation and consumer rights.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 18 years old or over to book and attend a session, a parent/ guardian will need to sign for anyone younger than 18 years old.
- Each session is subject to availability and will be on a first-come-first-served basis. We will not reserve or guarantee any particular date and/or time for any session unless you book and pay for the session for that particular date.
- Each session is available as, and will be specifically booked as an individual. This includes group sessions with at least 2-3 clients.
- You may book each session with the teacher, by phone or email. We will only provide a session or block of 5 sessions to you if you have pre-booked them and you have paid for the session or block of 5 in advance.
- Your request for a booking for a session or block of 5 will be an offer, but whether we accept any booking will be at our discretion. Only if and when we tell you orally or in writing that we accept your request to book for a particular session or block of 5 and you have paid for it will there be a booking and there will be a binding contract between you and us for that session or block of 5 sessions.
- When you book and pay for any one or more sessions, we will be entitled to keep some or all of that payment if you later cancel any session without 12 hours notice. You may cancel a session without charge if you give us at least 12 hours prior notice of the cancellation. If you do so we will refund to you the sum of the session or find a substitute session on another date.
- If due to exceptional circumstances including, but not limited to, illness, accidents and bereavement. You can cancel the session without notice, we consider all circumstances and it is our discretion whether to waive the charge for late cancellation.
- If we need to cancel a session we will refund you the full session price unless the class is moved to a later substitute date.
- If there is a delay to your class of 20 minutes late you may cancel the session and we will refund you in full payment or find a substitute date and time.
Subject to changes
Sessions, teachers, equipment and prices are subject to change from time to time but we will give prior notice of any such changes.
Conduct in class
We reserve the right to expel you from a session if your conduct is in our reasonable opinion unacceptable, or it is or may be in our reasonable opinion harmful to the teachers reputation, or if it amounts to your breach of these terms and conditions, or where in our reasonable opinion such expulsion is otherwise in the interests of our other clients. If we expel you there will be no refund for that session. If you have purchased a block of 5 you will be entitled to a full refund pro rata of the remaining sessions.
Fees and Payment
- You must pay in accordance with our price list that we fully and correctly provide to you.
- You may pay in the following methods: cash or online banking
- Payment must be made prior to your session/ sessions
- We may alter the prices, we will give prior notice to these changes. The price increase will not apply to you if you have already purchased a block of 5 sessions prior to the date of increase.
Fitness, Health and Safety
- You acknowledge that sessions may be physically strenuous and you agree that you voluntarily participate in a session with full knowledge that even if the teacher is not negligent there is an inherent risk of personal injury or illness arising from your participation in any exercise program and use of our specialist equipment.
- Certain services may be unsuitable for you if you have special needs, or any medical, health and fitness conditions. These must be spoken about to your teacher so please get in contact with Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must ensure that you are fit and well enough to participate in any session that you book, you will at all times be responsible for your own state of health, physical condition and wellbeing.
- If you have any concerns about your fitness or health you should seek appropriate medical advice from your GP, Physiotherapist or other relevant professional medical or other adviser (plus obtain their written consent where necessary) before attending your session this also must be discussed with your teacher.
- Advice from your teacher at no time constitutes medical advice and is not suitable for advice provided by a medical professional.
- You agree when you register that you confirm that you have no health and fitness problems (including, but not limited to cardiac irregularities; spinal, bone, joint, tendon or ligament injuries; spells of dizziness; asthma or other breathing difficulty; diabetes, epilepsy or other allergy) which may affect your participation in any session.
Before attending your first session (at least 48 hours before)
We advise you tell us of any special physical needs, any issues relating to your health, fitness or physical limitations of which you are aware, and any medical condition or on-going medical treatment, which might be relevant to any activity to be undertaken at a session.
You must tell us about:
- Any medical condition or medications you are taking that may affect your ability to undertake any activities at a session or to use any equipment or facilities provided by us.
- Any circumstances affecting your health which may be worsened by any activities at the session.
- If you are pregnant, and if so if you are in the first 3 months of your pregnancy.
We will discuss with you any such matter that you tell us about and inform you if we decide to not accept the booking.
Our house rules
- If you do not tell us before the session of anything we will not provide all or any of the sessions you have booked so we will refund you the session/ block of 5 in the same way as a cancellation by you without notice. You may also not attend a session under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You must arrive promptly for you sessions, if you know you will be late you must let us know. If you arrive after the warm up we may not permit entry into your class.
- You should not attempt to use any of the equipment or facilities until the teacher has instructed you to.
- You may only use the equipment and facilities provided by us in the correct manner and must not use them in any manner which is a health and safety risk either to you or to others.
- Socks must be worn throughout your session unless otherwise instructed by your teacher. Clothing must be comfortable to move in and close fitting. Shoes must be removed at the entrance of the studio and stored out of the way of the door.
We do not permit you to;
- Smoke anywhere on our premises;
- Mobile phones must be on silent during the session;
- Bring any children unless you have been given express consent or any person not invited by us.
- Bring animals into our premises with the exception of a guide dog. This should be requested at registration.
- No food allowed on the premises or glassware but please DO bring a bottle of water.
Loss or damage
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when our contract with you is created. We will not be responsible for loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We provide services to you only for your personal and private purposes.
We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
- If you bring personal belongings onto our premises, we do not undertake to keep them safe or provide any storage space for them. Their loss or damage will be at your own risk except where such loss or damage is due to any deliberate or negligent act by the teacher. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings caused by another client or visitor to our premises even where you leave or store them in any place so we therefore advise against bringing in your valuables.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to or will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Furthermore, if you are a consumer as defined by the Consumer rights act 2015, or a consumer for the purposes of any other consumer protection legislation, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to or will exclude, limit, prejudice, or otherwise affect any of our duties or obligations to you, or your rights or remedies, or our liability to you, under:
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- the Regulations;
- the Consumer Protection Act 1987;or
- Any other consumer protection legislation
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We may from time to time change these terms and conditions without giving you notice, but we will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you as soon as is reasonably possible of any change.
How The Pilates Room uses your personal data (Data Protection)
As required by the regulations: all of the information and any other information which we give to you about our services or us which you take into account when registering or deciding to make a booking or when making any other decision about the services; will be part of our contract with you as a consumer.
We always welcome feedback from our clients and whilst we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a client is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint. If you have any complaint about our services or any other complaint about the teacher, please raise the matter with Rebecca Peebles to email@example.com
No failure or delay by us to you in exercising any rights under these terms and conditions means that we or you have waived that right, and no waiver by us or you of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that we or you will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, the contract, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- As a consumer you will benefit form any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these terms and conditions, the contract, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.